We are MedImmune, and we are for patients.
We develop medicines for unmet medical needs worldwide. We’re an industry leader in personalized medicine – developing new products that may allow doctors to prescribe a specific, customized treatment for each patient’s individual needs.
We take intelligent risks. We set aggressive goals. And we create new advancements in biopharmaceuticals at our network of award-winning research facilities around the world.
We are a company of firsts, continually breaking new ground in biologics:
- The first and only live intranasal flu vaccine
- The first and only FDA-approved four-strain quadrivalent flu vaccine
- The first FDA-approved monoclonal antibody for an infectious disease
- The first and only FDA-approved medication to help protect high-risk babies’ lungs from severe respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) disease
- Developed virus-like particle (VLP) technology that led to the first vaccine to prevent human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Discovered technology that led to adalimumab, an important anti-TNF antibody
- Developed and licensed technology for belimumab, the first new treatment for autoimmune disease in decades
We are the global biologics research and development arm of our parent company AstraZeneca, a recognized global leader in biopharmaceutical research and development. By combining AstraZeneca’s worldwide presence with our distinct and unique culture, processes, and standards, we continue to solve global healthcare challenges, redefine science, deliver better medicines, and help people live longer, healthier lives.
Learn more about MedImmune: