Leaders to Collaborate on Advancing Region as a Top-Three Biotech Hub
WHAT: The third annual 2017 BioHealth Capital Region Forum (#bhcrforum2017), April 19-20, will spotlight the prominent biotechnology cluster in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, which is working collaboratively to become a top three biotech hub in the U.S. by 2023.
Over the course of two days, speakers ranging from Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan and U.S. Senator Chris Van Hollen to Dr. Chris Austin, Director of the NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, will lead a program that showcases the region’s accomplishments and its commitment to advancing science and accelerating innovation. The event is attended by leaders from government, academia, the biopharma industry, foundations, and investment companies.
In addition to leadership from the six co-convening organizations—AstraZeneca/MedImmune, BioHealth Innovation, Virginia Bio, Paragon Bioservices, INOVA and the University System of Maryland—some of the Forum’s most notable speakers/moderators include:
· Governor Larry Hogan, Governor, State of Maryland
· U.S. Senator Chris Van Hollen, Senator, State of Maryland
· U.S. Congressman John Delaney, U.S. Representative, Maryland’s 6th District
· Chris Austin, Director, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health
· James Greenwood, President & CEO, Biotechnology Innovation Organization
· Bahija Jallal, Executive Vice President, AstraZeneca and Head of MedImmune
· Ronald Daniels, President, Johns Hopkins University
· Robert Caret, Chancellor, University System of Maryland
· Rich Bendis, President & CEO, BioHealth Innovation Inc.
A full copy of the program is available by clicking here.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 19, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM. Doors open at 8:30 AM.
Tuesday, April 20, 8:30 AM – 5 PM. Doors open at 8:00 AM.
WHERE: MedImmune Headquarters – One MedImmune Way, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 (driving directions available here).
RSVP: Please RSVP to Rebecca Einhorn, email@example.com, by Wednesday, April 12.