MedImmune announced today it will conduct seven poster and/or presentations at the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington DC, May 4-7, 2013. These abstracts advance the body of existing data and knowledge around influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) prevention, highlighting MedImmune’s continued commitment to patient health.
MedImmune posters to be presented at PAS regarding influenza include:
- Efficacy of Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine Against Moderate to Severe Versus Mild Influenza Illness in Children. Ambrose CS, Wu X, Belshe RB. Platform Presentation Session: May 4, 2013, 9:45 AM, Session: Section 115- Infectious Diseases, Vaccines & Infections
- Serum HAI Antibody Response to LAIV in 2 to 49 Year Olds. Coelingh K, Wu X, Mallory R, Ambrose CS. Poster Session: May 4, 2013, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM; Exhibit Hall D/E; Board: 493
MedImmune posters to be presented at PAS regarding RSV include:
- Burden of and Risk Factors for Medically Attended RSV Illness in 32−35 w/GA Infants Not Receiving RSV Prophylaxis. Groothuis J, Wu X, Makari D, Ambrose CS. Poster Session: May 4, 2013, 1:00 pm− 4:00 pm, Publication Number: 1500.4. Session: 1500 – Epidemiology, Exhibit Hall D/E, Board: 4
- Risk for Medically Attended RSV Illness in 32−34 Weeks vs. 35 Weeks Gestational Age Preterm Infants Not Receiving Palivizumab. Groothuis J, Wu X, Makari D, Ambrose CS. Publication Number 1500.3. Poster Session: May 4, 2013, 1:00 pm− 4:00 pm. Session: 1500 – Epidemiology, Exhibit Hall D/E, Board: 3
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Surveillance, 2007–2012: Results from RSVAlert®, a U.S. National Hospital-Based Surveillance Program. Boron M, Kumar V, McGuiness CB, Saunders B, Rabon-Stith K. Poster Session: May 4, 2013, 1:00 pm− 4:00 pm, Publication Number: 1500.7, Session: 1500 – Epidemiology, Exhibit Hall D/E, Board: 7
- Impact of Partial Prophylaxis with Palivizumab on RSV Hospitalizations among Commercially-Insured High-Risk Preterm Infants. Ryan K, Stewart D, Frogel M, Becker L, Pinsky B. Poster Session: May 5, 2013, 4:15 pm− 7:30 pm. Publication Number: 2915.209. Session: 2915 − Infectious Diseases, Exhibit Hall D/E, Board: 209
- Pharmacokinetic (PK) Profile of Palivizumab (Pali) in Premature Infants. La Via WV, Makari D, Yu X, Robbie GJ. Poster Session: May 7, 2013, 10:00 am− 2:00 pm. Publication Number: 4514.228. Session: 4514 − Neonatal Infectious Diseases / Immunology, Exhibit Hall D/E,Board: 228
Additional information about the 2013 PAS conference can be found at: http://www.pas-meeting.org/2013DC/default.asp
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca, a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule and biologic prescription medicines. MedImmune is pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas, including respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity; cardiovascular and metabolic disease; oncology; neuroscience; and infection and vaccines. MedImmune has approximately 2,500 employees globally, with its headquarters located in Gaithersburg, Md., one of AstraZeneca’s three global R&D centers. For more information, please visit www.medimmune.com.