A strong connection to our community is an integral part of MedImmune’s history and our future. We seek to make a positive contribution to society through investment, in both time and money, to organizations and initiatives that make a true difference in our local and stakeholder communities.
Through our mission-aligned philanthropy and corporate citizenship program, we feel we can have the greatest impact where we have the greatest expertise. As a result, our charitable giving and volunteer efforts focus on results-oriented programs that embody our core values and that are aligned with our business.
MedImmune concentrates our community outreach in two key areas: healthcare and science education. We seek to support programs and organizations that: Healthcare
- Promote access to care and patient education in alignment with our therapeutic focus
- Seek to advance the quality and delivery of healthcare
- Improve the quality of life for those battling serious or chronic illness
- Provide emergency healthcare and medical aid in the event of natural disasters through our disaster-relief partnership with Americares
- Expose students to the life sciences and biologics
- Educate students about career options in the life sciences/biologics and drive workforce development
- Cultivate understanding of the link between science and medicine among the general public
We recognize the value our employees bring to solving complex issues facing the community. In addition to participation in our corporate volunteer projects, each employee receives one paid day off a year to volunteer with a non-profit organization of their choice. Since launching the program in mid-2012, employees have given more than 2,000 hours in service. Community Leadership
Employees at all levels of our organization go beyond the walls of our labs, offices, and manufacturing centers to serve in voluntary leadership roles with local, national, and global non-profit and industry organizations. Matching Gifts
Our matching gifts program allows our employees to direct a portion of our overall giving to causes and organizations which they feel are important and are providing valuable services to our local communities. MedImmune will match up to $5,000 annually per U.S. employee to eligible organizations.